Volunteers at Pumicestone State School are highly regarded and valued. The involvement of the volunteer workforce in our school enriches the educational experience of the children.
Volunteers can be anyone who wishes to provide services free of charge to Pumicestone State School. They are usually relatives of attending students, however, members of the wider community are also welcome.
Volunteers will be required to complete an online induction and hold a blue card.
Pumicestone State School requires all volunteers to hold a Volunteer Blue Card.
Obtaining a blue card
A Blue Card is a legal requirement for all people working with children and young people and is designed to protect the safety and wellbeing of Queensland children and young people.
• a person doing work with children at a school, including school excursions and school camps.
• a person doing other work at a school, such as in the canteen or library.
• a student doing a practical placement in a school.
• a parent who is volunteering at their child’s school.
Things to Know:
• Applying for a Blue Card is Simple and Free.
• You must have it before you start working with children—under the No Card, No Start laws that started on 31 August 2020.
Apply for a Blue Card - 3 Easy Steps:
- You will need to register for a Blue Card Services online account before you can apply for your Blue Card. You will be required to provide your Drivers Licence or Photo ID card details when applying. Please note your photo from your TMR ID card is now displayed on your Blue Card. If your photo was taken more than 5 years ago, you will need to have a new photo taken at a TMR service centre before you can proceed.
Apply Using this Link: https://my.bluecard.qld.gov.au/account/registration/privacy-notice
Note: The online application works best on desktop or tablet devices, and using current browsers.
- Once registered you will need to email email@example.com with your Reference Number and Date of Birth. PSS will link you to our organisation.
- Once Linked you will be notified via SMS or email of the successful link with our organisation and you can now complete and submit your online application for your volunteer Blue Card.
Apply Using this Link: https://my.bluecard.qld.gov.au/login